Heather Patin MA, BCBA has been working with children as a credentialed teacher and behavioral therapist since 2005. With experience as both a classroom teacher and a one-on-one Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapist, Heather has a wide range of skills she applies to address development and behavioral issues with your child.
Heather began working with special needs children professionally in 2002, through the preschool affiliated with St. Lucy’s Priory High School in Glendora, Calif. In addition to her training with special needs children, Heather holds her multiple-subjects teaching credential. As a teacher at Central School District in Rancho Cucamonga, she has led classrooms of kindergarteners and third-grade students. Following her time in the classroom, she began working as a lead instructor and one-on-one behavioral therapist, first in Los Angeles’ South Bay region and then at Jenny McCarthy’s Teach2Talk Academy in Sherman Oaks. From that point, she began working as an independent therapist, founding KinderSpeak in 2010.
Heather holds a Master of Arts in Teaching with a specialization in Applied Behavioral Analysis from National University, where she graduated with distinction. She successfully completed certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst in May 2013.
In addition to her teaching and therapy experience, Heather is a qualified swim instructor and trained lifeguard, bringing her love of the water to children of all ages. She is also available for many other services.
“If we teach today as we taught yesterday, we rob our children of tomorrow.”
- B.A., Liberal Arts, Loyola Marymount University
- M.A., Teaching, National University
- BCBA certification
- BCBA supervision
- California multiple subject teaching credential
- Trained in Applied Behavioral Analysis principles
- Trained in CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention)
- Trained in Pro-ACT (Professional Assault Crisis Training) principles
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Trained with AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) response
- GFCF-friendly and flexible with biomedical needs
Send an email to email@example.com